
This morning I decided to bake banana bread. I've never made banana bread much less ANY bread. It was then that I realized that I don't even own a bread pan! So I decided on muffins :) As usual I looked at a TON of recipes and came up with my own version. Here it is!
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce (instead of butter or margarine)
- 1 cup of sugar (we use Sugar in the Raw)
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 bananas
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a dash of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- spray muffin pans with cooking spray
- Cream apple sauce and sugar together
- Beat in eggs then bananas (I loaned my beater to my SIL in San Antonio at Easter time and forgot to get it back...so I did this by hand).
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in flour and baking soda and stir in just until it's mixed in.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
These turned out VERY yummy and healthy (for the most part). It yielded 18 muffins.

No comments:
Post a Comment